“thyssenkrupp has been a trusted supplier of premium quality products and services to the Sub-Sahara African mining industry for decades,” said Philipp Nellessen, CEO of thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions Sub Sahara Africa during a press conference at the Africa Mining Indaba in Capetown.
The company launched their newest innovation in primary hard rock crushing: the eccentric roll crusher (ERC).
With its particularly compact and robust design, the new ERC delivers a large throughput as well as a small footprint in hard rock and ore mining. Suitable for use in both underground and in surface operations, it offers significantly higher efficiency and flexibility than conventional primary crushers. “We are excited to have sold our first units and we look forward to receiving feedback from our customers,” comments Wilfred Barkhuizen General Manager of Minerals Processing and Energy & Sugar at thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions South Africa.
Some of the benefits of the ERC
- The ERC combines the ability to process hard rock material with a low profile machine design resulting in less installation height and machine weight therefore resulting in smaller underground applications
- The integrated pre-screening device allows for bypassing of fines and higher machine capacity
- High moment of inertia of roll and flywheels reduce power requirements and improves energy efficiency
- Fully hydraulic gap setting/ retraction system allows for automatic adjustment of the gap, compensation of liner wear and release of tramp metal or otherwise uncrushable material content
- The ERC can be efficiently balanced resulting in less foundation forces and vibrations
- Biggest process improvement is the reduction ratio between feed and product size
The above benefits of the machine concept apply also for fully mobile/ semi-mobile open pit applications.
Based on over three decades of proven grinding technology, thyssenkrupp has enhanced and modernized its high pressure grinding roll (HPGR). The new machine features an enhanced wear lining concept. The machine’s dry grinding technology assists customers in optimising water consumption and reducing total overall cost of ownership. The performance of the HPGR can be monitored remotely including continuous wear measurement and notifications of stud breakage.
thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions offers its customers single machines as well as customized turnkey systems and solutions for the extraction, processing, transportation and transshipment of raw materials. The portfolio includes, among others, bucket wheel excavators, crushing and grinding plants, feeders, overland and plant conveyors, stackers, reclaimers, as well as train and ship loading and unloading facilities.