The recently released versions of GEXCEL HERON processing software(s) make HERON 3D mapping projects more accurate, effective and usable thanks to important improvements in the usage of ground control points, in the change detection workflow, and for the cloud-sharing process.
HERON gives you several ways to constrain and geo-reference HERON trajectories improving the quality of the final trajectory.
1. Ground Control Points (GCPs):
– Measuring GCPs directly in the field by using HERON and a calibrated pole or
– Identifying CGPs on the HERON point cloud.
GCPs local coordinates are automatically paired with the related global coordinates.
2. Point Clouds and Scans:
Static scans or portions of 3D point clouds previously acquired also with different sensors (UAV, mobile scanners, mapping systems, photogrammetry) can be used as constraints as well.
CHANGE DETECTION MAPS
1. Use point clouds or BIM models as a reference map.
2. Let HERON self-locate with respect to the reference.
3. Produce a survey aligned with the reference map.
4. Detect changes that occurred in the time.
5. Automatically get the change detection map for further editing.
Mobile mapping is dramatically speeding up the process of capturing 3D and image data. This should be matched by the speed of project delivery and online procedures.
To increase Site to Sight of data efficiency, GEXCEL customers can now link up with 3DUserNet to get a special free annual subscription to the VISION platform with a direct workflow from Reconstructor to 3DUserNetVISION. This will enable users to deliver more efficiently for their customers – with the opportunity to upgrade to a full subscription at a substantial discount at any time.